Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thanksgiving and Freshly Pieced Blog

Freshly Pieced Blog

I just wanted to mention that I have been reading Lee Heinrich's blog, "Freshly Pieced" for over a year.  I love her patterns (I have purchased quite a few of them) and most of all, love her work.  She has been exceedingly kind to share with all of her followers her knowledge of her use of neutrals in her quilts.  She uses solid neutrals in the background in most of the quilts that I have seen.  Choosing a Neutral for Your Quilt, Part 1 is an incredible amount of information that you will absolutely use.  She has examples of the different backgrounds that she used on her "Cartwheel Quilt."  They are all stunning but you can see why some of the blocks "pop" because of the particular background that she used.  Part 2 that was just posted today, Lee shared her "Kona Neutrals Cheat Sheet."  I am sure many hours were consumed in putting this sheet together. 

She also co-authored a book,  "Vintage Quilt Revival."  I participated in their Quilt Along.  The blocks were fun to put together and it was well written (easy to follow).


Thanksgiving

We traveled from Sacramento to San Jose for Thanksgiving.  The traffic wasn't bad for us traveling west but looking at the traffic heading east was downright awful.  At any rate, we were happy to celebrate our Thanksgiving at my brother's home in San Jose.  We always take our family photo for our Christmas card since that is the only time we can get together in time to print our card.


Our son (far left) is in graduate school in Glendale, Arizona.  He will be graduating this coming May.  Our youngest (second from the left) attends UC San Diego.  She is a junior (undergrad).  Our oldest (third from the left) works in Berkeley.  Yay, she graduated from graduate school this past June.  We have an additional family member at the far right.  My oldest and he will be married in the spring.  He is a wonderful person and makes my daughter so happy.  We have many events to be thankful for this coming year.  By the way, my oldest is a quilter too!  

Fig Tree Mystery BOM

As promised, here is a photograph of my clamshells for the first month of the Fig Tree Mystery BOM.  

Happy Quilting everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment