Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The quilts for the wedding are finally done!

The first quilt that I finished is called the "Scrappy Stars."  It is 42.5" x 50" and was so fun to sew together.  Tracy Palumbo is the quilter and she used white thread on this quilt.


Front of the quilt

Back of the quilt


The second quilt that I finished is called "Stars."  I just made star blocks and added a border.  It is 47" x 47" square.  White thread was used to quilt this.

Front of the quilt.

This is the fabric used to back this quilt.


 The third quilt is the "Ripple Quilt."  It is 36" x 41" and quilted with red thread.



You can see the red thread used.

I did not buy enough fabric to back this quilt.  I added three stars to make up for the fabric that I did not purchase.

This is the fabric used to back the "Ripple" Quilt.

 The final quilt is the "Anchor Border Quilt."  The quilt is 41" x 48."

This quilt was made with half square triangles.

You can see the blue thread used to join the three layers together.

This is the back.  Again,  I did not purchase enough fabric and added stars to it.


I have to trim the fabric and bind the quilts now.  I am so happy that I will have two weeks to add the binding.  As I stated previously, Erin will give the four quilts away to those people who help at the wedding.  I hope they like them!  Ooops!  I just remembered that I had better put labels on these quilts.  I had better stop and print the labels and sew on the binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment