Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas is coming.....the pressure to finish projects is in full force!

I have not posted very much but I have been sewing a little here and a little there.  I have been busy because our oldest daughter and son live in Oakland about 1 1/2 hours from here.  Our daughter has been looking at home to purchase in the hot, hot neighborhood of Alameda.  Expensive and safe are the key words to describe the area plus very good schools.  Needless to say, we were busy looking with Erin and August at homes.  

Thanksgiving gave us the opportunity to visit with friends and family.  We had a blast eating a very early lunch with my side of our family and eating with my husband's side of the family in the evening.






These are wild male turkeys.  Always around in November through January.  


Flock of Feathered Stars

Last week I put together the fifth month of the "Flock of Feathered Stars" BOM.

The block is called "Morning Star."





American Summer BOM


The past few days I completed the American Summer BOM that I have so far.  I believe this weekend is the last of the BOM.  I thought I had better catch up!






These blocks are from the 2nd month. I finished one and posted a photo of it. The block on the left is called "Picnic" and the block on the right is "Milky Way."







These blocks are from the 3rd month. The blocks are fairly easy to sew together. They are 8 1/2" (unfinished).
The blocks are called:  "Camp Fire" (top), "Fireworks" (bottom left) and block 8 is called "Pinwheels."















The blocks for month 4 are called "Shortcake" (top) and "County Fair" (bottom).  

















I just finished these blocks from month 5, this morning.  The blocks are:  "Swimming Hole" (top left), "Lightning Bugs" (top right) and "Independence" (bottom center).  

There are 13 blocks in the quilt.  I have made all 13 blocks so I assume that we will receive the sashing and border fabrics this coming weekend.


 

I am having trouble with my computer.  I don't know what is wrong but I had to post this entry in "Safe Mode with Networking."  Very different from the look that I am used to working with.  I apologize if there are any misspellings.  I am not a great speller and I don't know if any corrections are made in this "mode."

No comments:

Post a Comment